The Wicked Wallflower
Maya Rodale’s captivating new series introduces London’s Least Likely—three wallflowers who are about to become the toast of the ton…
Lady Emma Avery has accidentally announced her engagement—to the most eligible man in England. As soon as it’s discovered that Emma has never actually met the infamously attractive Duke of Ashbrooke, she’ll no longer be a wallflower; she’ll be a laughingstock. And then Ashbrooke does something Emma never expected. He plays along with her charade.
A temporary betrothal to the irreproachable Lady Avery could be just the thing to repair Ashbrooke’s tattered reputation. Seducing her is simply a bonus. And then Emma does what he never expected: she refuses his advances. It’s unprecedented. Inconceivable. Quite damnably alluring.
London’s Least Likely to Misbehave has aroused the curiosity—among other things—of London’s most notorious rogue. Now nothing will suffice but to uncover Emma’s wanton side and prove there’s nothing so satisfying as two perfect strangers…being perfectly scandalous together.
READ THE FIRST LINE
As graduates of Lady Penelope’s Finishing School For Young Ladies, it was expected that Lady Emma Avery and her friends, Misses Olivia Archer and Prudence Payton, would make good matches on the marriage mart within a season or two of their debut. They had done no such thing.
- Book #1 in the Bad Boys & Wallflowers Series
- Pub Date: 10/29/13
- Publisher: Avon
- ISBN: 9780062231147
READ AN EXCERPT
In which the Duke of Ashbrooke and Lady Emma meet for the first time–after their engagement announcement has appeared in the newspaper. Start reading–>
- This latest novel from rising star Rodale is just what every reader wants: witty repartee, intelligent characters, a fast pace and a joyous love story. Anyone who has ever felt out of place, awkward, or a bit “least likely” will cheer as the intrepid heroine wins everything she’s ever desired simply because she’s a wicked wallflower. –RT Book Reviews, 4 stars
- The latest from Rodale is a funny, heartfelt, and lovingly crafted romance that readers will savor. Highly recommended. –Library Journal
- “Fabulous historical romance that makes you believes even the two most unlikely characters can get together and make it work. What starts out as a simple little harmless mischief turns into something that is much bigger and more wonderful than anyone could have imagined. –Books of Love
- Maya has a knack for creating believably smart, yet rebellious young heroines who manage to take the rogues on whom they set their sights by surprise every time. Emma is no exception. She allows Blake to chase her until he’s finally caught in her web of love. –Unwrapping Romance
- I absolutely loved this book. It was such a fun read, and I so adored reading about characters who did not particularly like each other at the start find that not only might they fall in love – but that their connection may be far better, richer, and more amazing than either ever thought possible. The author’s writing was so well done. She breathed life into these characters, gave them personality and voice to make them stand out, and really balanced out the humor, lightness, and some deeply romantic and tender moments. –Smexy Books
CHECK OUT THE CONTEMPORARY VERSION OF THIS STORY:
The first installment of a sexy, whirlwind romance about a modern day heroine writing historical romance novels based on her romantic misadventures with the bad boy billionaire.
Jane Sparks has accidentally announced her engagement on Facebook—to the infamous Bad Boy Billionaire, Duke Austen. As soon as it’s discovered that Jane and Duke barely know each other (One hot kiss at a party does not a relationship make), she’ll be humiliated. And then Duke does something Jane never expected. He plays along with her charade. Read more –>
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive updates on new books, sneak peeks, great reads and giveaways!