The Rogue and the Rival
Six long years have passed since Angela Sullivan set eyes on a man. Six years since the man she loved ruined her–and her parents banished her to Stanbrook Abbey, where she’s now preparing to take her vows of poverty, obedience, and chastity. But when the abbey takes in a handsome–if impudent–injured rogue, it will take divine intervention for Angela to quell her sinful thoughts…
If Lord Phillip were not in such pain from his riding accident, he would consider himself lucky to be staying in a building full of women. But his rakish reputation has preceded him. True, Phillip may not be his angelic twin brother, but as days become weeks, his thoughts of Angela grow nobler–even as Angela’s thoughts of him become less than holy…
THE FIRST LINE
Time had been good to Phillip Kensington, Marquis of Huntley, even though he certainly did not deserve it. He’d been a rake, a rogue, a drunk, a gambler, and a danger to virtuous young women everywhere. He had nearly been a duke. He’d been a disgrace. He had almost died and definitely deserved to. But Angela had saved him anyway.
- Book #2 in the Negligent Chaperone Series
- Pub date: 11/04/08
- Publisher: Berkley
- ISBN: 978-0425224526
- “Rodale regales with another delightful, tender, witty love story that’s a smart charmer of a read.” – Romantic Times Bookclub
- “This storyline is unique and so extremely interesting that I could not put it down…It is definitely not one to miss.” – The Romance Studio
- “Maya Rodale provides her readers with a fascinating Regency romance starring two intriguing protagonists who refresh what would otherwise be typical sub-genre novel.” – Genre Go Round Reviews
- “Ms. Rodale gives readers their money worth as she sets multiple challenges and roadblocks before her characters find happiness. “– Fresh Fiction
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive updates on new books, sneak peeks, great reads and giveaways!