Keeping Up With the Cavendishes
An American family unexpectedly inherits a dukedom in Regency England. Romance and hilarity ensues.
Who are the Cavendishes?
- Lady Bridget of Lady Bridget’s Diary desperately wants to be a True Lady. But not as much as she wants cake. Or Lord Darcy.
- Lady Amelia is a runaway heiress in Chasing Lady Amelia.
- Lady Claire is too smart for her own good in Lady Claire Is All That.
- His Grace, the Duke of Durham, is informally known as James and he wants none of this duke business in It’s Hard Out Here For a Duke
Frequently Asked Questions
What order should I read these books in?
While each novel is written to stand alone–and all novels in the series take place concurrently–if you love to read in order, start with Lady Bridget’s Diary, followed by Chasing Lady Amelia, Lady Claire Is All That and conclude with It’s Hard Out Here For A Duke!
Rumor has it these novels were all based on romantic comedies. Do tell!
It’s true! I love Rom Coms. So I’m writing some. It gives me an excuse to watch my favorite movies “for research.” Lady Bridget’s Diary is obviously based largely on Bridget Jones’s Diary (with a dash of Mean Girls). Chasing Lady Amelia is based on my all time favorite movie, Roman Holiday. For Lady Claire Is All That, I riffed on the classic She’s All That. The duke’s story is a mash up of The Princess Diaries (with the duke in the role of the princess, of course) and the Meredith-Derek love story in Grey’s Anatomy
These books seem to take place simultaneously. That’s crazy!
Indeed, I am writing these four novels to take place at roughly the same time. You may attend a few of the same events, but always from a different point of view. Why? I love these siblings together and this is a way to keep them all together longer. Also, I enjoy making things harder for myself.
Behind The Scenes Stories
- How I Came Up With The Cavendish Series
- Introducing the Cavendishes
- Excerpt: Lady Bridget’s Diary
- Behind the scenes: Lady Bridget’s Diary
- How I Really Feel About Darcy
- Excerpt: Chasing Lady Amelia
- Deleted Scene: Chasing Lady Amelia
- Behind the Scenes: Chasing Lady Amelia
- Excerpt: Lady Claire Is All That
The Bonus Epilogues
Can’t get enough of the Cavendishes? These bonus epilogues take place at the sibling’s weddings–and also highlight some love stories for some noteable secondary characters.
- Lady Bridget’s Diary: Let The Bride Eat Cake
- Chasing Lady Amelia: With This Kiss
- Lady Claire Is All That: Lady Francesca Meets Her Match