Maya Rodale began reading romance novels in college at her mother’s insistence. She is now the bestselling and award winning author of numerous smart and sassy romance novels. A champion of the genre and its readers, she is also the author of the non-fiction book Dangerous Books For Girls: The Bad Reputation Of Romance Novels, Explained and a frequent contributor to NPR Books, The Huffington Post, Bustle and more. Maya lives in New York City with her darling dog and a rogue of her own.
Speaking & Workshops
I speak about romance novels and how they empower women. I also teach workshops on how to write them.
Speaking & Workshops
- That time I talked about romance, resistance and who gets a happily ever after with Buzzfeed.
- That time I was quoted in the New York Times and it almost wrecked my marriage.
- That time I was a guest on the podcast Unjustly Maligned and talked about why romance novels are unjustly maligned with a charming British man.
- I’m a USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen books, including historical and contemporary romance and non-fiction.
- My books are published in multiple languages, including German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese.
- I have a BA and MA from New York University. My master’s thesis was the basis for Dangerous Books For Girls: The Bad Reputation of Romance Novels Explained.
- My novel, The Wicked Wallflower, won the RT Reviewers Choice award for best historical hero.
Praise for Maya’s Books
Maya in Real Life
Just taking a selfie with German editions of my book found in a Hamburg train station.
Lady Miss Penny lounges in my statement necklace.
Posing with the Difference Engine IRL. (Read The Wicked Wallflower to get why this is super cool).
A glimpse at my rock n’ roll days. Note: I’m blonde! Also note: VHS videos in the background!
Diligently writing with the supervision of Lady Miss Penny.
Behind the scenes: my desk when I’m on deadline.
When I’m not writing, I enjoy taking selfies with Lady Miss Penny.
I got married.
Researching in London.